Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Apostle's Creed, #2

"I believe in God."

The apostle is not afraid to tell the world that s/he believes in God, and believes God. I know that our world claims to be spiritual, but is it spiritually lost. The apostle who stands and says "I believe God" is proclaiming the lostness of the world and his/her willingness to be at odds with the world.

Years ago, I defined the "I'm OK, You're OK" Social Contract." In this social contract, the world agrees to say that no one's spirituality is wrong, that all beliefs are valid. Furthermore, all signatories to this social contract also agree to come to the aid of anyone who's beliefs are challenged.

Therefore, when a disciple says, "I believe in God," he automatically incurs the wrath of the world. Keith Green said it best in one of his songs: "I pledge my head to heaven for the gospel."

Jesus said that we are to take up our cross and follow Him. Modernized, that would equate to being willing to put your head in the noose daily for Christ. When we say, "I believe in God," we are putting our heads in the noose and pledging our heads to heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home