Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Today is the day after New Year's Day, and I want to wish all who come here a Happy New Year.

Just to get all caught up, we had a good Christmas, and thanks to my parents, were able to spend a week in Williamsburg, between Christmas and New Year's. We had a good time, doing a little shopping, a little sightseeing, a little swimming, and a lot of nothing.

I didn't use my blog because the Christmas season was very hectic, which is a surprise to no one. Also, we were concerned and praying about my Dad, who lives in Washington. Dad tells me that the doctors found that he had a very large tumor on one of his kidneys, and that there was a good chance that it was cancerous and might have gone into his lungs. During the hectic Christmas time, Dad was scheduled for tests and surgery and spent Christmas in the hospital.

The result is that surgery was done to remove the tumor and kidney, that it was found to be cancerous. Biopsies were taken from the lungs, and Dad has follow-ups scheduled for later this month to find out what sort of therapy will be required for the second phase.

Dad is 78, and is in great shape for his age, golfing every day. The doctors say that he is the best-conditioned man that they have seen for his age, and Mom tells me that he is recuperating very well.

So, I have no New Year's Resolution. Instead, I am making a request of those of you who come by this blog: please add Chuck Fisher, of Washington/Oregon, to your prayer list, and join us in praying for his health and healing.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home