Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back again, update

Well, it's been a long time since I have been here. I want to put up info on my Dad, and offer up another prayer request, today.

If you read back into my December blogs, you will find that I posted and requested prayer for my Dad (age 78) because it had been discovered that he had a form of lung cancer that was somehow related to a tumor on one of his kidneys. Well, they did the operation to remove one kidney and the tumor, and Dad started chemotherapy in January. According to reports from Mom and Dad, he is doing very well, and the cancer seens to be in remission. So thank you God.

This week, Mom called to talk and get everything caught up-to-date, and she told me that my brother's wife Jennifer has been diagnosed with colon cancer. She will be facing an operation to remove some of her colon, and then a course of chemotherapy, as well. According to Mom, the doctors give Jen a 60% chance of recovery. Please pray for her.

Jen holds a special place in my heart, as she and I (same age) went through high school together. We had many of the same classes (not hard to do, as Scappoose Union High School was a small school), and our senior year, our lockers were right next to each other, so we got to talk a lot between classes. Jen is a real sweetheart, a small apple-dumpling of a woman, and I really ask that you pray for her.

Thank you.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Johnson said…

    Pel, I'll be praying for your dad and for Jen.

    I also wanted to let you know that I linked to you on cogcatalyst.com.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Chuck...I noticed that you said you attended Scapoose Union high School. Where is that located? I grew up in the Kelso/Longview, WA area, which is near a town named Scapoose--is it the same place? You can email me at free_within@hotmail.com

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Chuck,

    I've just been checking out your sites and have been glad to see someone else who is into Pelagius and Moral Government theology! I have some writings and articles that I think you'd be interested in reading. And you can also check out my site: www.OpenAirOutreach.com or go to my YouTube profile: jessemorrell

    God bless you!

    Jesse Morrell

     

Post a Comment

<< Home