Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving, the fourth

On this day before Thanksgiving, I want to say that I am thankful for the church that I am now attending.

While I am ordained in the Church of God, Cleveland, TN, we are now attending a United Methodist church in our home town. While the wife is a deeply dyed-in-the-wool Pentecostal, I am appreciating the quieter atmosphere, for the time being. In an earlier blog, I posted about being tired of people (read Christians) who are "stuck on stupid." For the time being, this church is allowing me to rest and recuperate, without the pressure of having to face those Stuck On Stupid people.

I am glad that the church we are attending has a pastor who believes in the Bible, believes in salvation by faith, believes in the Word of God, and believes in a congregation that loves and knows the Word of God. I have always heard about how mainline denominations are the leading of the basket that the United States is going to hell in, but it is wonderful to be in a church that, while mainline, still holds to the Faith.

While I don't believe in the saying "any port in a storm," it is good to be able to find sanctuary when you need one. I am thankful for God providing a healing place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home