Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Apostle's Creed #5

I believe ...
in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

I am not an inclusiionist; I am an exclusionist. Once you say "I believe one thing," you exclude all others.

I believe Jesus is the Son of God. I believe He came to earth to die for the sins of mankind, including mine. I believe that He was raised from the dead on the third day, and that He ascended into heaven. I believe that He will come again, at the end of this age as Savior, Redeemer and Judge.

I just posted on the message board of some friends that my life verse is John 6:68:


Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

Back in the 70's, I went through a period in my early Christianity when I began to doubt the claims of the Bible. I was being taught by a professor at Old Dominion University that the Bible was man-made, and fallible. But after a time, I thought, "Is God able to be trusted? Is the life of a Christian better than a life lived as a non-Christian?" Finally I came to the point of decision.

I am not smarter than God. My professor is not smarter than God. The Bible presents the best hope for life, both here and in eternity. I decided that I believe in God the Creator, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, MY Lord.

(Which goes a long way in explaining why Puddleglum is one of my heroes. Read "The Silver Chair, by C. S. Lewis to find out what I am talking about.)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Mary Jones said…

    yeah, I agree, I absolutely love what Puddleglum says & thinks as he disagrees with the Witch.

    I have no problem being exclusionist as long as it's the right way to go.:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home