Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Be Angry...


I am really starting to get tired of trying to be nice when nice is no longer called for. Recently, I pointed to an article that talked about how it was incumbent on Christians to dialog with the “Other”, to show compassion for those who saw themselves excluded by Christians. The Other might be homosexuals, or the poor, or the “disenfranchised” (whatever that means.) But I’m having a hard time getting  my head around being nice to those who want to be evil towards me.

I can be civil, but that doesn’t mean that I have to make nice with them, does it? Am I called to sit and sing Kumbayah with every foul-mouthed, abusive twit who screams for attention, bawling out maledictions in my face? I can keep from killing the dastard; isn’t that enough for his mommy?

Two videos make my point. As you know, if you’ve not been living under a rock for the past month, Chick-Fil-A restaurant was tagged as the Victim-of-the-Month by the homosexual community and their supporters. “Hate-mongers!” was the cry and protest that rang across the media. MIke Huckabee, tired of the media crucifixion of decent people, asked that decent people support Chick-Fil-A on Aug. 1, and decent people came out in record numbers.

Unfortunately, so did at least one scumpuppy.



(This jerk, thinking that everyone would applaud his protest “against hate”, found out to his shame that being a jackass for the sake of righteousness doesn’t always work. He got fired when his video went viral.)

While that’s interesting, the point I want to make is this - because I’m a Christian, am I obligated to say, “Well, that’s alright, you’re an scumbag but Jesus loves scumbags just as they are.” I don’t think so. Sometimes a turd is just a turd, and it’s alright to point out the fact.

The next video, to me, is even more disturbing. Adam Smith, above, at least had the ‘decency’ (if you want to call it that) to vent his spleen at Chick-Fil-A. (It was his misfortune to be a total d’bag to the nicest, sweetest, cutest counterworker in America, and so come off as a total loser.) But in this video, these bellends don't have that excuse. They are mean and cruel to a homeless man with no connections to Chick-Fil-A. The reason that he merits their display of homosexual “tolerance”? He’s reading a Bible to himself.



Belabor me for a bad Christian, but seeing those abusive homosexuals tormenting that man for reading a Bible just makes me angry.

And anger is not necessarily a sin.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesus got angry and tore up the temple.
    Anger is not a sin, find a way to stand and show support for Christian ideals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home