Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Letting My Inner Coot Run Wild

Okay, time to bestir myself again.

I am going to use this blog to write things that my Facebook account won't have room for. As well, FaceBook is for dealing with friends and family, and sometimes I don't play nice. So I am going to use this site to put down my thoughts on many topics, and let this blog be the place where I can get real.

First things first. For almost two years, I have been listening to the podcasts of Mark Gungor, a Green Bay pastor who also has created a seminar of marriage entitled Laugh Your Way (To A Better Marriage). The man is a flat-out hoot, when speaking in his seminar, and you can view 4-10 minute clips of him on YouTube. He is best known for his explanation of the difference between the male and female brain.

He also does a daily podcast on which he, his co-host Diane Brierly and son-in-law Ross (an under-pastor in Mark's church) give marital advice to people who email them with problems. The only problem is that the three of them can be really brutal in treatment of the people who write them. I have listened to everyone one of his podcasts for the past two years, and I will let you know that some of what they do has rubbed off on me.

At 62, I realize that I have reached the point where I am not going to be emotionally black-mailed or coerced in to caring for stupid, anymore. I am also not going to make nice when I think that nice isn't called for. Now, I will admit that, as a Christian, I am not in the habit of cussing, but I do believe in giving proper credit where credit is due, so when someone is being an a$$hole, ..... Well, Irene has asked that I not use that particular term, so I won't. But I will be blunt in calling a turd a turd.

So, isn't this just lovely? Another old coot decides that the world is entitled to his opinion. Just what the world needs. But I figure it's cheaper than medication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home