Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Well, it's now after 11:00 and we've just finished opening our presents. Everyone is happy with their presents and we've gone about our different ways of enjoying the day. Irene, of course, is in the kitchen, preparing for Christmas dinner. We are having ham for Christmas, and Irene is glad. She's buzzing about wearing her new snood -- "Snood?", you ask. Yes, a snood. She told me over a month ago that she wanted one (Google it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Abby is listening to her new Tom Waits CD, Orphans. Waits is her new passion, and this one is probably going to be a forever one, as Waits is like Bob Dylan - a less-than-passable singer who is a genius with lyrics. Plus he has the sense of humor that Dylan lacks. He can screw with your head so fast it will make your head swim.

Amelia is lost in her new jewelry-making book. She is becoming such a talented jewelry designer/maker and it is her future, I'm sure.

Me? I'm blogging, putting up with Tom Waits, and occasionally looking down at my left hand. My big present this year is that I am wearing my wedding ring again. We had it resized, and so I am able to wear my original wedding ring again.

A ring is given as "a token" of love in the wedding ceremony, and it is supposed to symbolize the eternity of love, a never-ending circle. But do you ever get the feeling that you don't deserve love? And, occasionally, I feel that I am not loved.

Not today. It's Christmas, and I am happy that God's love is manifested in the Incarnation of Jesus.

Merry Christmas to all my readers (you know who you aren't.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home