Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm Back...

I realize that I come and go, on this blog. I'm sorry. I guess I am saying that to myself, as I know that I don't have any followers here.

I guess that the problem is that the world is too much with us, and we are too much in the world. Anyway, another Christmas is upon us, and I guess that in winter, I wax nostalgic and sentimental, and feel the need to post something here.

Updates:

1) I have retired!!! I am 61, with horribly advanced arthritis in my hip (so much so that I cannot stand for more than a minute or two at a time) and I could no long perform my job as a school librarian. I made it through the last year by the grace of God, the help of Abby and Amelia, and the tolerance of the administrators and teachers of John Tyler.

2) Nathaniel, our youngest son, joined the army in August, 2008, served a year in Afghanistan, is married, bought a truck, and is going to be stationed at Ft. Bragg, just a few hours from Suffolk.

3) Abby graduated from Paul D. Camp last year.

4) Amelia just finished her last class at Paul D. Camp this month, and should be getting her diploma soon.

5) Nathaniel is married, to a local girl named Heather, who is rapidly becoming part of the family.

6) We are Methodists. We joined the local congregation of the United Methodist Church (Main Street UMC, Suffolk) three years ago. We started attending Main Street 5 years ago, when we left Cornerstone, and it took a couple years of healing before we could join there (a whole 'nother story/post, trust me).

7) I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Irene has become my keeper, when it come to food.

Enough of that hooey. Water under the bridge, spilt milk, etc. What's my plan, going forward?

Who knows? I know what I told people I wanted to do when I retired, but so far, I've done little beside mope around, feeling sorry for myself and go swimming at the Y. Maybe I can find the boot in the butt that I need to get going.

Hopefully, I will be more consistent this coming year posting here. Lord knows, I've got the time, now.

Oh, Merry Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home