Pelajus Ponder Point

Heretical thoughts from a true believer.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After

Well, here it is, the Morning After the Day Before. And it is snowing to beat the band!! I just checked our local TV station's weather page, and some places here in the Tidewater area are going to get 6-12". Already, there is 4" outside our door, and it is supposed to snow all day. As WAVY put it on their page, "This is the big one."

So that means that we are snowed in, and as you can gather from posts in my archive, this is my favorite thing to have happen. To be able to curl up with a book (laptop?), hot cocoa or International Foods coffee and watch the snow fall from a couch and warm blankets is nirvana.

We had a great day yesterday, and everyone was pleased with their gifts. I certainly am in love with my two new CDs. I love swing music, and one of the modern purveyors of Swing is the band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and Abby got me one of their albums.

Right now, I am listening to The Limeliters. They were a folk trio from the 50's & 60's, and were a favorite of my Mom's. Which meant, of course, that all of us Fisher kids grew up with Limiliter music. One of Mom's passions was music. She had the biggest collection of LPs that I can think of, what with Broadway and movie musical soundtracks, and other albums. One of her favorites was the Limeliters, so I grew up with their music as part of my personal soundtrack.

A few years ago, I found a Limeliters CD and have enjoyed it on my computer and on my iPod since then. And thanks to Amazon's Wish List function, I got a double collection, two classic Limeliter albums on one CD: Slightly Fabulous and Sing Out. I'm listening to it now, as I blog, and it is so delightful. Glenn Yarborough's high tenor vocals, the trio's musicianship, and Lout Gottlieb's uproarious patter make this CD an absolute delight!

I hope you get to enjoy this day after Christmas. It's going to be a good one for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home